USE THIS CHECK LIST TO MAKE SURE YOUR DISPUTE LETTER IS EFFECTIVE.
1. Fill out the form for each credit bureau that your property debt appears on your credit report Experian, Equifax, and Transunion are the three credit bureaus.
2. You will need copies of two forms of Identification.
Acceptable forms of identification are:
1. Valid State Drivers Licenses
2. Valid Passport
3. Social Security Card
4. Valid Military I.D.
5. Current Utility Bill
3. You will need a current copy of your credit report using one of the following credit reporting services.
Or Search in your internet browser: how do I get a credit report from all three credit bureaus
4. Once you have your credit report, find the portion that has the property debt you want to dispute save and print that page for each of the three credit bureaus.
5. Circle the following information on the page printed.
1. Name of the account
EX: Tree Brook Apartments or the name of the credit service reporting the debt EX: Professional Collection Agency
2. Account number of the Debt EX: 103452897
6. Address an envelope with your current return address and the address of the credit bureau that you are disputing with the address for each credit bureau is located on the dispute letter.
7. place the dispute letter, copies of identification and the page from the credit report in the envelope.
8. Mail this letter certified mail from the United States Postal Service
If this seems like too much you can upgrade here for a discounted price.